NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
thomas_p
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

LabVIEW 8.5.1 Student edition - differences between Mac and Windows version?

Hi,

I've just bought the student version of LabVIEW 8.5.1 and am using Mac OS X 10.4.11. What are the biggest differences between the Mac and Windows versions since the box came with a Mac installer CD and a Windows installer DVD?

Cheers 

NitinD
0 Kudos

Re: LabVIEW 8.5.1 Student edition - differences between Mac and Windows version?

Off the top of my head, I think the difference between the Mac version and Windows version, is support for Windows Activex and .NET Control. Not really aware of any other differences between the two.
Knight of NI
altenbach
0 Kudos

Re: LabVIEW 8.5.1 Student edition - differences between Mac and Windows version?

Looks like you got the LabVIEW Student Edition Software Suite DVD.

It comes with 6 toolkits, and from the product spects, some (or all?) of those are windows only (at least in 8.5), e.g.:

• Digital Filter Design Toolkit
  • Modulation Toolkit
  • SignalExpress

Since you have 8.5, you are also missing a few basic things that only recevied MAC support in 8.6, such as Mathscript, Control design and Simulation, and Native 3D graphs.

LabVIEW Champion . Do more with less code and in less time .

thomas_p
0 Kudos

Yes I do have the student version and Mathscript is the one thing I need. And it seems that LV8.6 will be intel-only on Mac - or at least Mathscript, so I'm out of luck there as well.

Guess I'll have to go out and buy a Windows computer from somewhere...