LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 64bit OPC client

Hi,

Can someone confirm that it is not possible to use LabVIEW 64bit as an OPC DA client?

I tried to read on the same pc the same OPC url (local) with LV2012 (32bit) and LV2013 (64bit).

2012 had no problem. 2013 gave error 1181 (Protocol not recognized by LabVIEW).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,287 Views)

nobody ever tried?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,222 Views)

Hello Jonvo,

I had also never tried it in LabVIEW (64-bit).
It also throws the same error at my side.

Is there a specific reason why you need to use it in LabVIEW 2013 (64-bit)?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,188 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Thanks for testing it!

We wanted to start the project with LabVIEW 64bit to be future proof and we expected that the application will use a lot of memory..

We will split the appliaction in a 32bit part for the OPC readings and a 64bit part for the rest.

I was wondering if it was because of the OPC protocol that it does not work or because of a bug....

Kind regards,

Jonas Van Otterdijk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,164 Views)

Hello Jonas,

I honestly do not know if it is a bug or rather something that should not be available in LabVIEW (64 bit).

Would it be ok  for you if I use your forum post as a reference for further internal troubleshooting? 

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,145 Views)

Hi Thierry,

You can use this forum post as a reference for further internal troubleshooting...

Kind regards,

Jonas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,142 Views)

Thanks Jonas!

I will keep you in the loop of the outcome of these tests.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,123 Views)

Has the OPC client component been ported to Windows 64 bit? I kind of doubt it since NI Lookout is also still 32 bit only software and the LabVIEW DSC Toolkit hasn't been ported to 64 bit either so far.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,102 Views)

Hi Jonvo,

I've posted the same question some time last year. Rolf gave good thorough explanation on the difficulties in implementing OPC in 64-bit. Check it out:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Application-built-with-LabVIEW-can-t-find-ni-opcua-client-dll/m-p/2...

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,086 Views)

Hello Jonas,

I received the confirmation that LabVIEW2013 (64 bit) does not support using DataSocket Connections to an OPC server.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,046 Views)