From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2016 SP1 expected release date?

Solved!
Go to solution

I mean 2017 is sorta out.  I mean NI doesn't have a landing page for it, but they have it hosted on their site, at a link that can be found.  Not sure if it activates yet I figured I can just be on the trial until NI Week in case it doesn't.  I don't want to down play the major efforts that NI goes through for each release, but it seems NI has one major thing for each version lately.

2017:  (stuff I'm not sure we can talk about)

2016:  Channel Wires

2015:  Right click framework

2014:  64 Bit for Mac and Linux?

2013:  Decent working Web services?

2012:  Conditional/concatenating terminals.  Or would the Project Templates be better?

2011:  Asynchronous calling VIs by reference?  Actually 2011 seems to have a lot of useful stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,062 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Bill, we don't talk about what a product is going to contain until it is released.

Well, I guess we can mention some things now since This Document is now public

Malleable VIs (.vim's) sound like a lot of fun

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(983 Views)

I guess that Malleable VIs (.vim's) are not a secret, and could be mentioned already long time ago. CLA summit is not closed, non-disclosure event - at least, I've never seen such an information; and Malleable VIs were presented on CLA-E summit this year in Vienna, in March. So why to make a mistery of it?

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new features of LabVIEW 2017!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(972 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Bill, we don't talk about what a product is going to contain until it is released.

Well, I guess we can mention some things now since This Document is now public

Malleable VIs (.vim's) sound like a lot of fun

It does, but I was really hoping for a new icon!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 24 of 32
(971 Views)

I am just watching the starting Keynotes streaming of NI Week...

DAQExpress...hmm, looks cool stuff for students. And you can zoom into the .gvi block diagrams, haha Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(965 Views)

Hmm, the Keynote was not bad, and very American 😄 Lots of "Yeah!" and "Wow!", ...ok, I know the facebook generation needs such show... 🙂

There was some naval school, playing with some balloons, but I would have been more happy to see a naval rail-gun test performed under LabVIEW control 😄 THAT would have been a proper American product show! 😄

Message 26 of 32
(948 Views)

And yes, the activation works now for LV2017...

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(936 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Hmm, the Keynote was not bad, and very American 😄 Lots of "Yeah!" and "Wow!", ...ok, I know the facebook generation needs such show... 🙂

The NI Week Keynotes have been big shows well before Facebook was even thought off.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(922 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

The NI Week Keynotes have been big shows well before Facebook was even thought off.

I see! Well, this was the first one for me, even if only online 🙂 And i liked it actually...

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(915 Views)

Well, we didn't get new icons for LV2017 - but we DID get some new icons for our forum!Smiley Tongue

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(909 Views)