From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2016 Rearranges Block Diagram When Importing VI from LabVIEW 8.5

I am migrating a set of VIs from my LabVIEW 8.5 platform to my new LabVIEW 2016 platform.  Seemingly-randomly, portions of the block diagrams get rearranged without breaking functionality.  Pieces get moved significant distances and wires get routed in random paths.  This tends to happen inside stacked sequences, but some frames are perfect and others in the same stack are rearranged.

How do I get a clean import that I will not have to spend hours cleaning up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,506 Views)

Can you post one of the LV 8.5 files that gets rearranged?

Do you have any other LabVIEW versions you could try?  Like, import it into 2012 or something, then save it all, then import that to 2016?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,481 Views)

Was the 8.5 application developed on a Windows XP machine?  The default fonts got changed when going from XP to Win7, which caused a lot of things in LabVIEW to get a little larger (the Unbundle/Bundle By Name were the ones I really remember).  Your issue could be because of this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,458 Views)

That would have been my first thought.  But that would only tend to move things around a few pixels  or perhaps something like a long bundle or unbundle cluster by name, the pixels add up by the time you get to the bottom.  I wouldn't expect that to cause the amount of rearranging that he is describing.

To bpsengineer, can you attach a VI that demonstrates this problem but is still saved as the original 8.5 file?  Others can see if it happens to them, and poke around to search for a reason.  At least attach a before and after picture.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,446 Views)