LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 Installer goes to 140%

When using the "web-based installer" in a VirtualBox VM, I was happy to finally see the % complete get to 100%.

Then it just kept going. Worried that I would run out of room in the VM, I cancelled the operation.

After resizing the VM, I started the process again. It finally ended around 140%.

This screenshot was from the first attempt:

NI 100.png

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,182 Views)

This has been seen before (search the forum). I think the answer was that the apparent size shown is what the installer thinks it should be and there is a disconnect between this and what the size actually is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,165 Views)

You went to plaid!!!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 7
(3,135 Views)

I have no idea what could have happened but does LabVIEW work after finishing installing?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,121 Views)

well you got a lot for you money, be happy! Smiley Very Happy

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,089 Views)

Maybe the NI installer team are fans of Spinal Tap?

(3,079 Views)

Matt,

>  does LabVIEW work after finishing installing?

Yes - based on limited testing, it appears to work.

I did not see this issue when installing LV 2012 or LV 2013 in VirtualBox.

This install did have Signal Express which was was not in the other installations.

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,061 Views)