From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2014 cannot find FPGA target "PXI-7813R"

Hey,

I want to create a new “NI VeriStand FPGA Project” in LabVIEW 2014 with the project type “R Series Multifunction RIO on Real-Time PXI”. The Real-Time PXI Remote Controller “PXI8115” is identified, but in the next step he cannot find a FPGA Target (actually: PXI-7813R).

In LabVIEW 2013 it works fine and on another PC with another hardware (but the same manufacturer and modules) it also works fine in LabVIEW 2014.

If I want to add the target in a blank project, the PXI-7813R isn’t shown in the window “Add Targets and Devices on My Computer” on “New target or device”.

So I thought it isn’t installed. But the “NI R Series Multifunction RIO User Manual” describes the “Real-Time Module” as necessary and this module is installed (as you can see in the screenshots of NI MAX).

On the PC is also installed the “NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0” and the “NI-RIO 14.5”.

Hardware:           PXI-1042 with the controller PXI-8115 and the FPGA target PXI-7813R

Operating system:           Windows 7 64-bit

Screenshots SW:               

PC:

PC SW.png

PXI:

PXI SW1.png

PXI SW2.png

Best Regards,

SysCra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,236 Views)

Hi SysCra,

Installing NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0

Complete the following steps to install NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0 for use with LabVIEW.

Install one of the following supported versions of LabVIEW:
        LabVIEW 2014
        LabVIEW 2013 SP1
        LabVIEW 2012 SP1
        LabVIEW 2011 SP1
    Install LabVIEW Real-Time.
    Install LabVIEW FPGA.
    Install NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0 using the installation media or NI Driver media.

I've just had a look to the readme of the NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0 Readme. Seems like LabVIEW 2014 SP1 is not yet supported. Please update to a newer version.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
Message 2 of 3
(3,176 Views)

Hey Christoph,

thank you very much for your answer.

I didn't think that I have to pay attention to such details...

Best Regards,

SysCra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,165 Views)