LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 and IMAQ PCI-1408

Hi All,

I am having a difficult time installing the drivers for a IMAQ PCI-1408 framegrabber board and accessing the IMAQ vi with LV-2013.

The new version of NI Vision do not install the drivers for driver for the  PCI-1408, the latest version that does is IMAQ 3.7

as discussed here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/PCI-1408-driver-needed/m-p/989858/highlight/true#M24810

If I install IMAQ 3.7  NI-Max and system control Device Manger both show the card working, but the installer does not install any IMAQA vis into LV2013 vi.lib.

If I then try to install a later version of NI-Vision it will not install until I un-install IMAQ 3.7 and it un-installs the drivers for the board,

but I do then get the vi for IMAQ into vi.lib.

I could then copy these to some safe place, uninstall the new version of IMAQ, re-install IMAQ 3.7 and move the vi.lib/IMAQ back. Would this work or are there software incompatibilities or is there another way to have install vi.lib/IMAQ and also have the PCI-1408  drivers. Should I save the driver files, ie pciimaq.sys and install the PIC-1408 manually.

Very frustrating!

If this is never going to work what is the latest version of LabVIEW that will work with the PCI1408 or is it best to buy a new board?

thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,254 Views)
That card is several years old and at this point you should probably consider buying a new board.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,222 Views)