LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 SP1 Quit LabVIEW

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the Bug  425800 (Quit LabVIEW will not quit if the event 'Application Instance close' is present) in LV2013. According to NI this Bug is fixed in LV2013 SP1.

I have an application, which was converted from LV2011. The application compiled in LV2011 worked well.

After converting to LV2013 I had the issue, that the exe won't quit. I updated to LV2013 SP1 and mass compiled my project. After building the executable again, I have the same issue. My compiled EXE (LV2013 SP1) will not quit.

One VI contain the 'Application Instance close' event, because the PC is connected to an UPS and the application should be terminated in a save way in case of power loss.

Is there any other reason why the 'Quit LabVIEW' will not work?

As a little reminder: The application worked well in LV2011.

Regards

Heinrich Eidloth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 53
(3,773 Views)

Dear Mr Eidloth,

I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Would you mind sending me your program to look into so I can help you better?

Alternatively you could try running the added example to test the functionality of  the "Application Instance close" Event and the "Quit LabView" funktion.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards

Veronika Kurz

Veronika Kurz

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 53
(3,666 Views)
Hello Mrs. (?) Kurz, thank you for your answer. I will build up a small demo to demonstrate the techniques I am using inside the SW. I cannot send you the sourcecode, because it is a very huge and complex SW. Regards Heinrich Eidloth
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 53
(3,654 Views)

Hello Mr. Eidloth,

that would be great. Thank you very much.

Regards

Ms. Veronika Kurz

Veronika Kurz

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 53
(3,651 Views)
Hello Ms. Kurz, attached you will find a little demo, which will give you an idea of how the SW is terminated. As I mentioned in my origina post, the SW was converted from LV2011 to LV2013. In LV 2011 all was working well. In LV2013 the 'quit' isn't working in the bult executable Regards Heinrich Eidloth
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 53
(3,638 Views)

again with attachment (i hope)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 53
(3,637 Views)

Thank you very much. I will look right into it and keep you updated about the progress.

Regards

Veronika Kurz

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 53
(3,633 Views)

Dear Mr. Eidloth,

I tested the program  you sent and asserted that it works properly on my computer using LabView 2013 SP 1.

Now my question: Did you modify any settings?

Would it be possible for you to send me the MAX-Report?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Veronika Kurz

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 53
(3,596 Views)

Hello Ms. Kurz,

no, I didn't change any settings. I only mass compiled the project.

What do you mean with MAX-Report (uups)?

Regards

Heinrich Eidloth

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 53
(3,570 Views)

Hello Mr. Eidloth,

you can find the Report in the National Instruments Measurement and Automation Explorer (short MAX).

If you can't find it on your desctop open the Explorer and browse C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX.

Open the MAX -> File -> Generate Protocol (or something along the lines of it, I am sorry but I had to translated it from the German version so I´m not exactly sure) ->Continue -> Protocol for technical support -> Continue -> Choose a path for the file ->Generate.

Please don´t hesitate to ask further questions.

Regards

Veronika Kurz

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 53
(3,555 Views)