LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 SP1 Compile Worker Fails

Hello,

after receiving the new DVDs with LabVIEW 2013 SP1 and successfull installation, I wanted to compile my FPGA.vi.

The Compile Worker does not start an I get the attached error Message. The additional Download of Xilinx Compilation tools 14.4 from the NI Website does not help.

When I choose the FPGA Compilation Tools via the Start menu, the Compile Worker does not start. When I try to start the FPGACompileServerConfiguration an Error occurs (see picture).

At the Moment I hav not Idea what to do. Perhaps someone can help.

What does I have to do to convert my system back to the Version 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,142 Views)

Hi there,

do you get an error when trying to open Compile Worker in the start menu?

Have you installed the LabVIEW 2013 FPGA Compile Farm Toolkit?

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-compile-farm-2013/4215/en/

Do you have a LabVIEW 64bit version?

The Host Communication in LabVIEW 64-bit has the following limitations:

• Development or compilation of FPGA VIs is not supported. The following project items cannot be added to the LabVIEW project:
    • Real-Time or CompactRIO Targets
    • FPGA Targets or Chassis items 
    • C Series Modules
    • Development or compilation of FPGA VIs is not supported.
  • Additionally, interaction with the project items listed above will be disabled if an existing project with these items is opened in LabVIEW 64-bit.

(see: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3FFBBE3882F3EE1C862579E9005BBCC1)

Regards

Branni

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,085 Views)

Hi Branni,

thanks for your Reply..

If I try to open the Compile Worker in the start menu nothing happens. No Error, but also no Compile Worker opens.

I only get an error when opening the Compile Server configuration in the start menu. This error says that something with the CompileFarmToolkit is wrong. The thing is, I have no licence for this toolkit. I only want to compile localy on my computer.

My machine runs with Windows XP (32-Bit). So the problem should not be becauese of the known 64-bit issues.

The support says I have to do a clean reinstall of LabVIEW. I hope this helps.

Perhaps you have another idea in case of the problem ist still there after the reinstall?

Thanks!

Regards

dfschunk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,073 Views)

Hi dfschunk,

you can try to repair your LabVIEW before re-installing. Maybe it helps, but I'm not sure...

Maybe a clean Re-installation it the easiest way. Perhaps you should leave the CompileFarmToolkit away.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,066 Views)

dfschunk,

Thanks for your post. We are aware of an issue with the compile tools installed from the 2014 developer suite (2013 sp1) where the compile worker is installed with missing dependencies. We are taking immediate action to push out a fix for this and you will receive a notification through NI update service when the fix is available.

In the meantime, our recommendation is to downgrade to the 2013 installation of the Xilinx tools. No fixes were made between 2013 and 2013 sp1 in the compile worker or in the Xilinx tools so no worries there.

Go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features and select National Instruments Software. 

This will launch a window where you have the option to select various NI software products and modify/repair/remove them.

Select NI LabVIEW FPGA Xilinx 14.4 Tools and select Remove.

After the software has been un-installed, go to the NI LabVIEW 2013 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.4 donwloads page and install this version of the tools (released with 2013) or you may install the tools from your original LabVIEW 2013 developer suite disks.

Please post back or call support if you have any problems with this process, we want to make sure you are up and running until we push out a fix.

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,012 Views)

Hi Nick C,

thanks for your tip but: it doesn't work at all.

There is no change in behaviour, I'm sorry.

Is there some other way I can work again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,949 Views)

Hello dfschunk,

could you try to update your .NET Framework to at least 4.5. (even better 4.5.1).
Maybe this could help in this case

Good luck!

Branni

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,942 Views)

Hi Branni,

I work with Windows XP... the .NET Framework 4.5 is not available for Windows XP.

So I'm aboslutely knocked out.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,939 Views)

Hi dfschunk,

I had the same issue. I solved completely the problem with the Xilinx patch that you can find at this link:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2013-sp1/4685/en/

I hope that it helps you.

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,499 Views)