LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2011 installation hogs portable HDD

I'm installing LV 2011 now and it started writing to my portable HDD, meaning I couldn't eject it. I had to unplug the moving disk and abort ther installation.   

Not impressed that recent versions of LabVIEW are taking over my PC! Already had to reformat one PC 😞

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,137 Views)

Sure the LabView development system is quite large but taking over your PC?

As we like to say around my house "Yer doin' it wrong".Smiley Tongue

Maybe a little more detail as to how you are installing LV and what you think is happening would be helpful.

Having to reformat because of LabView is ludicrous.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,130 Views)

I had versions 8.5, 2009 and 2010 to support legacy products. They came with Silervlight which I don't want and is known to screw up microsoft exchange server, and various versions of SQL server.

Writing to a pen drive during the installation is ludicrous. Trying to install software in the wrong order then displaying error messages is ludicrous. It has become like Microsoft, very clever, but 50% cpu useage and 300 Mb pagefile when ticking over? Too unwiedly now. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,127 Views)

Hello,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this behavior but I think there must be a setting or two that you need to change prior to installation. Have you checked where the program is due to install during the setup? It sounds like for some reason this destination has defaulted to your HDD so I would definitely recommend checking this and trying to install again.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,106 Views)