LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 - Display data in real-time, but only save the data once a button is pressed?

MoReese ha scritto:

You should start a new thread with a description of the problem or inquiry.  Be as detailed as possible.

Hi,

since my question is really connected to the topic of this thread, I think this is the right thread. So I want to display data in real time and I want to save data only when the saving data button is pressed. I have set up a task in a continuous reading, is it a good way for accomplishing it? In the attachment you can find my VI.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(1,187 Views)

Well, if you wish to stay on topic, have you tried what has been suggested thus far?  If not, give the suggestions a try.  You may also contact the OP privately to see how his project is going and if he has a working solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(1,179 Views)

I have a similar problem and I need some help.

I have set up a VI that takes continuous measurements from a probe.

I want it to display the data in real time from the start, but only start recording the data to a file after a button is pressed.

The problem is that the recording starts as soon as the VI program is started.

What is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(1,132 Views)

Down-convert your VI to and earlier version and I will take a look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(1,125 Views)

Here is a version converted for LabVIEW 8.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35
(1,120 Views)

I'm not sure why it would be recording when you start the VI.  Your Write to Measurement exp VI is clearly outside of your loop and the recording does not start until Stop is pressed.  On a side note,  there is no need for the Sequence structure.  You can use proper flow control by using the error cluster. 

Which button do you want to use to control the start of the recording?  Stop?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(1,111 Views)

The button "Začni z zapisovanjem" should start the recording. The button "stop" should terminate the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(1,104 Views)

That VI makes no sense. The only way you can save any data is by clicking the stop button and then the only data that is saved is the very last acquisition. TI don't understand the point of the Elapsed Time function inside the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(1,101 Views)

How is the button "Začni z zapisovanjem" supposed to start the recording inside the while loop while your write VI is outside the while loop?  As I mentioned earlier, it writes to the measurement file only after the Stop is pressed.  As Dennis mentioned, this is not the best design approach.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,097 Views)

How should I make the structure then so it starts recording with the press of a button? Could you link me to some examples?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,095 Views)