LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 App Builder/Installer- Target OS Options

Solved!
Go to solution

I will shortly be migrating from LV8.6.1 Devloper Suite in Win XP 32 bit to 2010 running in Win7 64 bit.

Does the applicationbuilder and installer have the option to deploy Win XP 32 bit applications along with the corresponding run time engine?

Thanks

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,634 Views)

Nope, sorry. LabVIEW only generates code for the platform it is running in. And 32bit and 64bit Windows are two different platforms.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Rolf:

Thanks for the info. My initial search was too specific, I loosened it up a bit a came across some info-

Apparently what ships on the Developer Suite DVD's are 32 bit versions, the 64 bit versions have to be downloaded. I presume this is still the case with the recently released 2011 version.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/71E9408E6DEAD76C8625760B006B6F98

The 32 bit versions can run in a 64 bit OS, using Windows on Windows (WOW64)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/10339

Thus assuming I install from the SSP DVD's I will be installing the 32 bit version of 2011. I do not have a Win7 PC at hand, I will be one of the first here to get one.

Can someone confirm that WinXP or later is a valid selection in the installer properties in LabVIEW 2010 or 2011 running under 64 bit Windows 7?

Thanks Again.

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnalogKid2DigitalMan

Hmmm, do you have a time machine? Smiley Very Happy

LabVIEW 2011 is not released yet. You'll have to wait until August for that.

There is no specific Windows XP selection in the setup section of the Application Builder. It will simply create an installer for whatever Windows platform you are running at that moment. So if you run LabVIEW 32 Bit it will create a LabVIEW 32 Bit application and installer and if you run LabVIEW 64 Bit it will create an according application and installer. Needless to say that 64 Bit application and installer can only run on a 64 Bit system, while you can install the 32 bit application on either system.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,617 Views)

Rolf:

See, this new naming convention already has me messed up. Yes you are correct, it is LabVIEW2010, it is contained within NI Developer Suite 2011 DS1 distribution. Looks like the installer has changed since 8.6.1.

Looks like I should be OK then. I'll try a test run when I get the PC, if it doesn't work I'll have IT downgrade it to XP 32 bit SP3.

Thanks again for checking. Now back to that time machine I've been working on....

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,612 Views)