LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 13.0f2 crashes when cutting text from certain free labels on the block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

While revising the documentation of a VI, I faced a LabVIEW crash. I can reproduce it in LabVIEW 13.0f2 with the following code.  Can anyone confirm that cutting the content "def" from the free label and trying to paste it in the free label with "ghi" produces error 0xBC0BF185?

I cannot reproduce this issue by any other cut/paste between the free labels on the left-hand part of the BD.  The crash solely occurs when cutting "def" and trying to paste to "ghi".

CrashWhenCuttingTextFromSelectedFreeLabels.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,638 Views)

I'm not reproducing it from the snipette. LabVIEW 2013.0f2x32 on Win7 enterprise. Heap Peek your copy, there is something insane with your label.

Whoops.... I take that back.

Crash report sent- d77e8fae-e15f-45d7-9bc5-d125970a4119

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 6
(3,615 Views)

Thanks for confirming, Jeff. 

I didn't do any Heap Peak until now.  I did not expect any insane object because I actually created just the topmost free label.  The other instances were created by copy and paste from this free label.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,604 Views)

Hi,

Heap Peak seems the way to use, to deal with this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GuenterMueller

Hello all,

I looked into this, and it is more general than just the insanity in the label. I filed CAR 442743 for this behavior. It is a crash that can occur when cutting and pasting text between free labels in LabVIEW 2013 with the auto tool turned off. This is related to CAR 408955 (crash occurs when deleting a comment with auto tool turned off) which was fixed in the LabVIEW 2013 f1 Patch. This case was not covered by that fix and will be fixed in a future release. 

Thanks,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

Message 5 of 6
(3,281 Views)

CAR 442743 discussed in this thread was fixed in the LabVIEW 2013 SP1 f2 Patch, and in LabVIEW 2014.  For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2014, check the LabVIEW 2014 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2014 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,784 Views)