LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVEW 2016 (64-bit) installation failed due to "NI LabWindows/CVI 2013 Analysis Library (64-bit)" installation failure

Hello,

Hello;

I'm having a terrible time trying to install LabVIEW on my laptop. I have a
Lenovo laptop with a Windows 7 64bit OS and Ubuntu 14.04.3LTS dual booted onto it. I
was able to get seemingly all of the installation completed except two parts. I included screencaptures of the windows showing the failure messages. If I say no when asked "Continue?" to the "error" window, it goes directly to "The NI LabVIEW 2016 (64-bit) installatiuon has failed" window. If I instead press Yes, it brings up the "Install Hardware Support.." window where I have the option to Install or decline support. Unfortunately, I'm unable to select "Install Support" and I don't seem to have the folder that will satisfy the message stating "The specified folder...crrect volume." Therefore, my only option is to select "Decline Support", which again takes me to "The NI LabVIEW 2016 (64-bit) installatiuon has failed" window. Have any of you encountered this problem in the past and do you know of a way around it?

Thank you,
Noisy Jeremy

NI Software: NI LabVIEW 2016 (64-bit)
Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad W530
Processor: intel i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.6 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

dual booted with Ubuntu 14.04.3LTS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,169 Views)

You've included no screenshots. 

The last bit isn't all that important.  Even if you installed the driver support, you'd still get the failure.

Try using a forced installation (Navigate to the setup folder in the command prompt and run setup.exe /reinstall )

Also, is there a reason you're looking to install the 64-bit version?  Many of the toolkits only include 32-bit support so you may run into issues later even if successful now.  You might consider changing media.  Do you see the same problem there?

Have you ever had NI software on this PC?  If so, what?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,161 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the fast response. I do not have any other NI software loaded on my computer. So, by "changing media" are you suggesting I install the 32-bit version? I just recently unistalled LabVIEW and all associated programs and files and am going to start from scratch with it. I'm currently downloading LabView (32-bit) to give it a try.

Thank you,
Noisy Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,152 Views)

What are you trying to install besides LabVIEW itself?  Are you trying to install other toolkits, specifically CVI Windows?

When installing LabVIEW, it is generally a good idea to install as few toolkits as possible.  If you are having problems installing "everything all at once", something that often helps is to install one component at a time, rebooting between sessions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,120 Views)