LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab view mathscript rt problem from student edition suite

Solved!
Go to solution

I have bought the 2012 Student edition software suite recently, according to the descriptiton on NI it should have mathscript on it however I have been getting the below error when I run mathscript. Any comment regarding how to solve the issue would be appreciated.

LabVIEW:  The MathScript RT Module is not installed on this computer, has expired, or is licensed invalidly. Install or activate the LabVIEW MathScript RT Module on this computer to continue using this product. Visit the National Instruments Web site at ni.com to purchase these products. If you have already purchased this product, select <b>Help>>Activate LabVIEW Components</b> to activate this product.

This is the link I bought it from:

http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/OfferingDetails.aspx?ws=49c547ba-f56d-dd11-bb6c-0030485a6b08&vsro=8&...

I run window 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,738 Views)

Hello,

I do apologize about the error you are seeing. Can you please verify that the Mathscript RT module is activated in NI License Manger?

If you go to Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI License Manager. 

Look for LabVIEW 2012 and expand the + sign, expand modules, Is there an entry for Mathscript RT? Is the box next to it green? Can you post a screen shot? If its not green you may need to right click and select activate. 

If its not listed then you'll need to download it from our website.

http://www.ni.com/labview/mathscript/

Please let us know if does not resolve your issue.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,713 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, I have checked the license manager and did not see the math script RT, however, I was informed that the student edition suite should include math script RT, is there a separte download that I am not aware of, or do I simple have to buy a mathscript license?

Thanks in advance

labview solution.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author f24u23

The installer may be seperate on those discs or on another disc either way, your serial number would need to activate it and it would still install as its own seperate module. Please download the Mathscript RT module from the link in my first post. You can also download the other modules from our website and should be able to enter in your serial # to activate them from within NI License Manager.

It doesn't look like the Mathscript RT module is installed or it installed in the wrong order. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,705 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,700 Views)