LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVcompare and Perforce

Hello,

I have a problem similar to this one, using LabVIEW and Perforce.

My problem is slighly different. I use LabVIEW 2012 f5 and Perforce 2012.1

I want to use LVCompare from LV environnement.

The compare tool works well inside LV, when using two VIs with different names.

My problem is that when I want to compare 2 versions of the same VI, using Perforce, LVCompare launches and everything is blocked. I have to kill tasks both for LVCompare and LabVIEW.

Any suggestion for that problem ?

with many thanks

Philippe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,763 Views)

HI Philippe,

First of all, which LabVIEW Perforce clients are you using? The command line version ?

Are you sure to call the LVCompare.exe within Perforce for diff and not another one ?

Moreover these are steps you can use and check:

1. Launch Perforce client (P4V ?) 
2. Edit -> Preferences 
3. Select the Diff tab 
4. Click Add 
o If you already had a tool (LVDiff) setup to diff VIs, select that entry and Click Edit 
5. Enter this data in the pop-up dialog 
o Extension: .vi 
o Application: 
§ C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Compare\LVCompare.exe (32bit) 
§ C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Compare\LVCompare.exe (64bit) 
o Argument: %1 %2 -nofp -nobdcosm -nobdpos 
6. Save 
7. Repeat for .ctl, .vit, and other LV file types 
o NOTE1: Consider using the '-nofppos' option instead of the '-nofp' especially for .ctl's. Otherwise LV Compare will not show any differences for controls/typedefs. 
o NOTE2: Do not add .lvproj, .lvlib or .lvclass to the list, as those files are XML files that LV Compare can not handle (as of LV 2012) and are simple to diff with text compare.

These command line options listed above will: 
· use the current LV version for the diff (since I did not list a LV version to use) 
· does not compare the front panels (-nofp) 
· does not compare front panel objects' position/size (-nofppos) 
· does not compare the appearance of block diagram objects (-nobdcosm) 
· does not compare size or position of lock diagram objects (-nobdpos) 

See the full LV help for a complete list of all command line options.

Hope it could help !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,719 Views)

Hi Antonin,

When I use P4V, things are quite long to load, but it works.

When I use it inside LabVIEW, it bloks. Here is the procedure I use inside LabVIEW :

• open a VI
  • choose Contrôleur de code source > montrer l'historique (it works, a child window of P4V appears)
  • in the child window, make a diff (either with drag/drop or by choosing context menu Diff), and it blocks.

by the way, the arguments: %1 %2 -nofp -nobdcosm -nobdpos doesn't work (eitherin P4V or in LabVIEW), and give a wrong parameters message from LVCompare.

BR

(et merci pour ta réponse Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,710 Views)