From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVOOP "call parent method" doesn't work when used in sibling VI

tst/dkfire,

Thankyou for the tip about the "to more generic class". I have tried using this in a different example and was having some problems and this would explain it.

To answer both your questions about how I could misconstrue the help file. My problem is that I didn't make the connection between the node I was dropping into the VI and the VI it was applying to. Some of this was as a result of the initial dropping of the node not working (because the parent VI's were not built and it didn't work obviously).

At the end of the day I was using the node in the block diagram of the operation VI which also had a parent DD VI so I read that as the first part of the requirements met.

I was wanting it to use the operation2 child VI which was a DD VI and had the same name as the operation2 ancestor VI I wanted to call which to me satisfied the requirements as well.

tst, you asked the retorical question "Which VI?" well to me that answer was not obvious. I figured I had satisfied all the requirements and it should therefore work.

Can I see where I went wrong? Yes.

Do I think the help needs to be changed?  Sorry guys but yes I do.

All the best

David

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(308 Views)