LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVOO & AF Crash

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem with removing class attributes. There is one class from whom some other classes inherit, which objects are in a lot of VI's and changing something requires updating about 100 VI's. After deleting from this class one attribute, everything looks ok, but when I run application LabVIEW crashes and says 'We apologize...'

I tried a hundred times on two different computers and a hundred times LabVIEW died after that.

I enclose zipped movie showing my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,707 Views)

Without watching your movie my first thought is to try a mass compile.  If it succeeds it'll probably fix the problem.  If it fails it should give you a list of VI names to start checking.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,695 Views)

Thanks for response. I did mass compile and now I know that I have 138 Bad VIs, and 1326 Bad SubVIs 😄

I hadn't idea that my project is soooo huge 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,670 Views)

I found the same problem when I edite typedef Cluster, which is in a lot of VIs. This time during compilation LabVIEW updates all VIs but still crashes when I run my application. Mass Compile doesn't change anything. 

Any idea how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Góras

Hi Goras,

could you try recreating the typedef cluster but without using the original one? I mean creating it from scratch without copying anything? It might possibly get you a little further (and recompile the code afterwards).

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,618 Views)

Jano it works!

Thank you very very very much 😄

Góras

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,575 Views)

Hi Góras,