From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM file special blocks

I would like to use LabVIEW measurement file (.lvm) to store and recall waveforms. I need to add complementary informations specific to the project. In the NI�s document �Specification for the LabVIEW Measurement File (.lvm), Version 1.0�, I have seen I can use �special blocks�.
How can I do this operation with the express VI ?
Is there any resources VI to add and read special blocks within LVM file ?
banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,365 Views)
Dear Lucke,

For more information and/or examples on how to use the Read LabVIEW Measurement File Express VI, please refer to the VI, Function & How-To Help under the Help menu and search for "Read LVM".

You will learn more aboit the special blocks.

Refer also to the LabVIEW Help for this Express VI for more information. You can access the help for this Express VI by right-clicking it on the block diagram and selecting Help from the shortcut menu.

I hope that my answer will help you.

Sanaa TAZI
Application Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,365 Views)
Thanks Sanaa for your answer.

1) I tried to find out these informations (regarding special blocks) within LabVIEW help files and I didn't find them. Do we have the same LabVIEW 7.0 version ?

2) Our main problem is to write the specials blocks since the corresponding controls are not connected in the low level "Write LVM" subVIs . Do NI plan to give the possibility to introduce specials blocks through the Express LVM write VI ?
banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,365 Views)
Hello LucMesulog,

I understand well what you want to do.
Now, it's not possible de to that : introduce special blocks through the Express LVM write VI.

To know more about this VI : Right click on it and select "Open the front panel" et click "convert".
And show the block diagram.

Sanaa TAZI
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)