From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDAQ

What is a lvdaq file? When I try to run an LV program in 7.0 , it prompts me to find the file LVDAQ, Where can I find the file lvdaq? If I ignore it the program opens with numerous errors. Anyone can help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,865 Views)

Hi!

Anyone can rell me how to find the LVDAQ file? what does that file do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,840 Views)
My wild guess is that you are trying to run a program that uses data acquisition, but the PC does not have the NI-DAQ drivers installed. Could that be it?
Message 3 of 8
(2,832 Views)
LabVIEW1958,

Follow the link below to find the answer to your question.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/5EB3B1EA7C41267E86256C95006F488D?OpenDocument

Basically, you need to uninstall your NI-DAQ drivers using add/remove programs in the windows control panel.  Uninstall NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ.

Once these are uninstalled, reinstall them.

Hopefully, everything will work properly after you do this.

Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,822 Views)

I have found part of the name of the file. Here it is:\

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIE...\Daq

How to find the FULL name. As it I need to check a lot of folders. Is there a better way?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,806 Views)
You don't understand. Go back and read the other answers. When you install a piece of hardware into a computer, you need to install some software so that the pc will recognize it and be able to interface to it. This software is called a driver. You install drivers for network cards, display adapters, and of course, data acquisition cards. The driver's name for NI DAQ boards is called NI-DAQ. This driver is on a CD that comes with the DAQ board and it also comes with your LabVIEW CDs. The driver CD may be on the same CD as LabVIEW or on a separate one depending on your version of LabVIEW. You can also download it as altenbach's post mentions.
Message 6 of 8
(2,799 Views)
I have the file in my PC. Only I  cannot acess it as I do not know how to get the FULL name.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,788 Views)
If you have purchased an NI-DAQ board, you should have the driver CD that comes with it. If you purchased LabVIEW, you should have the CD that includes the driver. If you lost both, you should go to http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C1293?opendocument&node=1... and download the version you want. Version 7.5 is the latest DAQmx and 7.4 is the latest for traditional DAQ. You have to do one of these three. Trying to find all of the individual files on your pc (a lot) and copy them to a different computer is not recomended and is something that you individually (please don't take offense), probably aren't skilled enough to do.
Message 8 of 8
(2,785 Views)