LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVCompare load dialogs

Solved!
Go to solution

I have written a tool do do automatic compares between files I have locally and their repository counterparts in a SVN repository.

Due to frequent RT deplays and code re-use over different targets, this causea a LOT of VIs to be marked as changed even though they are logically identical.  A problem occurs when trying to batch compare these files with their repository counterparts (LV Compare, not binary compare) with the aim of automatically reverting any VI whose change is not "real".  I keep getting "File not found" or other messages meaning I need to essentially sit in front of my PC waiting for it to do this automated work.  I could do other things with my time.

Is there a way to completely remove and pop-up dialogs when running LVCompare vir super private methods?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Intaris

If you are talking about the LVCompare EXE then there isn't really anything you can do.  If you are calling the LVCompare VIs then you might get away with the Unattended Mode private method, which is supposed to try to suppress dialogs but I don't know what ones exactly it suppressed.  Here is a thread were the private method is discussed.

https://lavag.org/topic/17845-silently-close-a-scripted-vi-with-unsaved-changes/

Message 2 of 6
(3,472 Views)

Cool, that looks just like what the doctor ordered.  Yeah, I am doing everything programmatically with the appropriate INI entries.  Brown Invoke node and all.

Thanks

BTW, what are these LVCompare VIs you refer to?  I'm in LV 2012 at the moment, I don't recall ever seeing those.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,465 Views)

I managed to do this without any Brown Nose, oops, I mean Brown Node.  I don't remember how I originally got it, but I use an App method called UI.Cmp VIs (which has a nice beige/yellow icon).  I've not (yet) had this hang on me, but I don't use it directly with SVN repositories -- rather I point it to two folders, say one from Revision 1003 and one from Revision 1015, and say "Have at it".  I get four lists -- VIs that are "identical" (meaning either byte-for-byte or, if different, "the same" with LV Compare with Front Panel and Block Diagram options on), VIs in Folder 1 but not 2, VIs in Folder 2 but not 1, and VIs that are different.  I've managed to use this same function from at least LabVIEW 2012 on ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,452 Views)

Hmm, true it seems to show up yellow.  I really thought it was brown, maybe in older versions of LabVIEW.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,438 Views)

The VI posted int he linked conversation on LAVA seems to do (almost) what Ineeded.  Just need to make sure I call it only AFTER I've asked the user for the file directory to work on.... Smiley Embarassed

Problem is that some VIs I have keep asking for passwords.  I don't understand why because I actually add the passwords for all of our VIs upon starting the program but these VIs still cause a pop-up.  I think there may be a problem with the VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,346 Views)