LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV8 Application builder/ installer questions

I am having trouble in building my installers within LV8. Everything is in the Project Manager and I am able to build an Executable that works. but when I build an installer and try to run the installer on a 2000 or XP machine I get the attached error. I found if I continue on the error everything gets installed ecept my application. If I manually install my application everything works. so with the RTE on a system without LV8 installed my EXE works.

I cannot figure out exactly what I am doing wrong. I am thinking it could be on the  Registry tab of the installer as I did not adde or change anything. the PDF CD I received with LV8 talks about the App Builder from 7.1 which does not help. The program I am working on building worked fine in 7.1.1. Source files look to be done correctly and I check marked the Register COM ont he source files settings page as I am using ActiveX to access Excel.  It is configured to install RTE 8.0, I have the Shortcuts set as well, but on a NON Dev machine (no LV8) the installer does not work. but on my Dev machine it seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Message Edited by jdebuhr on 01-09-2006 09:47 AM

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,288 Views)

I think I got it working.. I deleted the old files int he destination for the build and tried again. I left the ActiveX Server unchecked and verified the Register COM was checked. created a new installer and built it and is seems to work.

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,275 Views)