From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV6.1 Real time display with delayed logging

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i'm in need of help with LabView 6.1

I have a FieldPoint hardware module from which i am reading 8 thermocouple channels. I want to display the value of the thermocouples in real time (or as close as i can manage) while recording the values to a CSV file at a discreet time interval (every 10s). I am able to display the values in real time but the logger records in real time, producing far too much data. I am able to delay the logging interval, but then loose real time display!

The example below shows one method i have tried. The time delay in the logging loop seems to delay the whole program. I have also tried to use the logging loop from a sequence structure (using a simple 'Wait' delay) and a case structure (using a counter and only making the logging loop true when the counter gets to 1). I have tried setting the display to synchronous display with no success.

I'm having no luck and wonder if someone could point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vannystick

Ah, the advantages of time.

I think I've managed to create a solution for myself by using a different tact. Instead of using individual delay timers, I have used a 'time trigger' approach as demonstrated in this thread;

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=286988&query.id=6280650#M286988

Currently this is limited as it will only allow a delay of up to 59 seconds between readings, but this should be relatively easy to resolve. The solution continually operates updating the visual display with a slight delay to help ageing computers cope, then the 'Log Data' button is selected the write to spreadsheet function is called in second multiples as selected. Quite a simple yet elegant solution i think.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,574 Views)