LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2016 and Perforce

Solved!
Go to solution

We use Labview to automate product builds from a repository under Perforce. Everything ran fine in LV2014. We recently upgraded to LV2016, and now have trouble getting a valid connection/reference.

We made a simple test bed that opens a source code ref, reads the p4 file status of a file in our depot, and closes the ref.  It works fine on LV2014. In LV2016, it says the same file, in the same workspace, is not "in  source control".

This test was repeated on two different Win7 machines, and on Mac as well. After digging through some of the low-level code in vi lib, I was able to fabricate a valid reference, and all the downstream source control vi's now function normally. It seems the only the "Open Reference" vi has a problem. 

I could not find any closely-related posts here.  I've attached a screen shot of my workaround. The two sub-vi's are "P4CMDSub Get Env info.vi" amd "P4CMD Open Project.vi".  We'd prefer not to call these directly, as the NI implementation  may change in future versions.

Has anyone faced this issue, and found a cleaner solution? Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks, 
Kevin M.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,202 Views)

I am sorry to hear you are having challenges with LabVIEW and Perforce.

I want to help but I have a couple questions first.

1. Please tell me a bit about the sub vi's that have the SCC header. Did you make these,  I can't find them in LabVIEW.
  2. What is the "Open Reference" vi and where did you find it?
Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,131 Views)

Anthony-

code snippets attached. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,110 Views)

Thank you, this does help. I will look over it and get back to you.

Anthony

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,085 Views)

What version of LabVIEW do you have? I was getting this error (see attached) until i activated LabVIEW 2016 professional development system on my PC. Once activated, I am able to use the disabled portion of the vi you sent. 

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,067 Views)

Hi Anthony-

We've been using the Perforce SCC functions in Developer suite in LV2011 and LV2014, and quite

possibly earlier. It's strange that it does not work in 2016, unless SCC functions are exclusive to the PDS in 2106?  

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,051 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wretched1

Kevin,

You are correct. Source control is available only with the Professional Development System as of LabVIEW 2015. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/configuring_scc/

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 7 of 7
(3,028 Views)