From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2016 Icon editor bug

Was this issue ever solved? I have the same problem with LV2016 on a new vi. In this other thread the issue is also reported and CAR 363138 is open. I attached the icon template which I have the issue with.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,399 Views)

Are you able/allowed to modify the template as a workaround?

I seem to recall that there needs to be a solid line all the way across (can't recall if any color works or if it has to be black or a dark color) for it to know where to start the text.  That icon has a white border all around it...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,345 Views)

I tried different flavors of it (4 or 5) and realized that if there is an horizontal line from side to side the text will start after it. But in the case of the one I posted there is no such thing. I added the pale grey border just to be sure that there wasn't I slightly different color line from side to side, the previous version, without the white border had the same issue. As in the linked post the issue only happens when I use the image as a template.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,338 Views)

I've reported here the "Feature" that if your Template has more than 2 horizontal lines, the Icon Editor tries to stick all the text between the bottom two lines.  I wrote this up and showed it to Christina Rogers and Darren Nattinger at NIWeek 2017, so if this is related to the same Template Feature, it might get attention.

Your Template looks like a Template + Glyph.  I think that NI's "Design Idea" was for the top box to be "Template-specific", and the (larger) bottom box to be filled with text and glyphs, perhaps being saved as (static) Templates once the design was "frozen".  We're trying to "push the envelope" (and the envelope, unfortunately, is pushing back).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,321 Views)

My template is a picture I edited and merged with a contour, I didn't used an existing template.

A thing I observed is that it seems that what is considered an horizontal line is when there are more than seven pixels of the same color on a row. Personally i would have consider an horizontal line be a full line from side to side. Or maybe creating a "separator" tool (like an horizontal splitter) in the icon editor.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,310 Views)