LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2015 SP1 RGT and Office 2016?

Does anybody tried using the Report Generation Toolkit  of LV2015 with MS Office 2016?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,293 Views)

Hello ben64.

While MS Office 2016 is not yet officially supported, our customers have been able to use the LV2015 RGT tools with MS Office 2016 without any problems.

There's no guide to which functions will work and which might cause problems, though! Using an unsupported version of MS Office may cause unexpected behavior.

My advice would be to test the specific functions you need - they'll probably work fine! But if you need reliability, I would stick with Office 2013 until a new version of RGT is released, including 2016 support.

Thank you,

Derek B. (esoDerek)
Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,226 Views)

Thanks Derek. I don't have access to Office 2013 for this particular PC (a licensing issue) so I had to install Office 2016.

I just wanted to know if somebody already tried it and encountered any issue. Hopefully everything will work fine, I'm using the RGT for very basic stuff for this project.

Thanks again.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,221 Views)

The basic functions don't seem to be causing too much trouble! We've seen mostly edge cases here - but of course, if you run into trouble, feel free to post about it and we'll see what we can do 🙂 

Have a great rest of your week!

Derek B. (esoDerek)
Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,215 Views)

Hi comrad!

Just one thing: method SaveAs, into "Save Report to File.vi" with new required inputs!

RGT 15.0 with Office 2016.png

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,788 Views)

So I found my answer in this other threads : http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Report-generation-and-office-2016/m-p/3360541#M988713 :

"

• To get things working, tech support had me drill down to the messed up invoke node, which was inside Save Report to File.vi > NI_Excel.lvclass:Save Report to File.vi > Excel_Save_Workbook.vi.  I right-clicked the invoke node and selected "Relink invoke node" or something to that effect.  That fixed everything

"

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,785 Views)