From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2013 .NET callback bug

I'm running the Passing Data to a .NET Event Callback.vi sample (LV2013SP1).

After stopping the vi with stop button, i can't edit the Callback - EventHappened.vi. This subvi is still loaded and can't be edited.

To edit the callback vi i need to close projet and reopen it. 

How can we stop the callback.vi to go in edit mode after stopping the toplevel vi?

When running the same under LV2012, the callback vi can be edited after stop toplevel vi.

Regards

Alexandre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,080 Views)

Watch the VI heirarchy window running both examples.  the Proxy Caller does not leave in 2013.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,070 Views)

So... is there a way to stop it? Is this indeed a bug, or another example of NI deciding this is better for us?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,064 Views)

I believe what we have is an unabortable proxy caller.  Playing with some of the other examples it appers to only effect .NET 

Capture.PNG

The Active X event callback ProxyCaller behaves as I would expect. and how both the .NET and active X ProxyCallers behave in LabVIEW 2012. (That is the proxy callers complete execution and go away when the event is unregistered)  This is the Heirarchy view after running operating and stopping both examples with 2013SP1

Does that mean bug or new intended operation?  That's one I hesitate to answer with the new Event Inspection framework and what I do not know about ActiveX and .NET

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,055 Views)

Have a look at this and you will find a workaround to this bug. It's a known bug of LV2013SP1.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14490/en/#468139_by_Category

Regards,

Sacha.

Message 6 of 6
(2,885 Views)