From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2013 FPGA Linux Compile Worker errors (Xilinx 14.4)

Hey John,

Status update: After getting everything installed (took me longer than I care to admit to resize my VM's partition), my test machine is in the same state as yours. I'll post back as soon as I have a solution for you.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 11 of 26
(1,499 Views)

Alright, got it!

As you may have guessed from the /lin and /lin64 folders all over the place, we install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of ISE. We do this becuase some Xilinx targets require one or the other. It looks like the INSTALL script doesn't work for CentOS, but does for RHEL. As it turns out, you're missing the following i686 dependencies that are required to run 32-bit compilations, which you're doing. I used yum to install the following:

glibc.i686
libstdc++.i686
libgcc.i686
libuuid.i686
glib2
libSM.i686
libXi.i686
libXrender.i686
libXrandr.i686
freetype.i686
fontconfig.i686

zlib.i686

A couple of these reported architecture errors, so I had to install/update their x64 counterparts first.

It may also be important to note that I had the EPEL repo enabled. I'm not sure if it's required for any of these or not. I got most of these from a bug report that was filed, but then closed because CentOS is not an "officially supported" (aka not tested) distro

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 12 of 26
(1,484 Views)

Thank you for the deep dive to resolve this. Sorry to hear that CentOS isn't supported - it's my favorite and most used distro here at our firm. Given that CentOS 5.6 worked great for LVFPGA2012, I mistakenly assumed it would continue to do so for LVFPGA2013.

I'll attempt to install the additional bits you found to be required. Will post back with success or fail.

Not sure I understand the 32 vs. 64 bit compilation, but I'll leave that to some arcane Xilinx FPGA thing.

Best,

John

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,469 Views)

Any update? (Having same issue)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,429 Views)

I can only say that the above was all I needed in addition to the NI provided installation media... if you're having any further troubles, I'd be glad to help out as I can.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,422 Views)

Hi,

today I installed the 6.3 CentOS DVD along with the compile worker software.

Apart from installing the additional packages with yum I didn't have to do anything else.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,361 Views)

That's encouraging news. My FPGA system has been on the road, but it returns next week. We'll give this a go then and report back.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,346 Views)

Hi,

To continue this topic, I have also the problem with compile worker (Xilinx Tools 14.4 from Academic DVD's).

Mine still generates errors.

CentOS 6.3 + additional .i686 packages. Compilation from Windows 7 machine (Dev. computer) direct to compile worker.

The first error reported in workerLog.txt is "CodePage 852 not supported".

What's wrong with this code page?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,326 Views)

Are you using a "Central European language that uses Latin script(such as BosnianCroatianCzechHungarianPolishRomanianSerbian or Slovak)"? - wikipedia

Curious if that could be part of the issue or not, figured I'd check since that's the first thing that came up in google.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,322 Views)
Yes, Polish
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,313 Views)