LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2013 FPGA Linux Compile Worker errors (Xilinx 14.4)

So, probably I have to try with CentOS UK or US language version.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,309 Views)

CentOS English + required .i686 packages - now works!

It seems that Compile Worker won't work with Latin script (CP852) linux installation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,293 Views)

Hello,

Its been a while since I've worked in Linux, and am trying to set up a build server for my office.  I am getting this error on installation, if anybody has suggestions on what combination of tools and where to get them, I would appreciate it.  Right now I have CentOS 6.5 but can create a different VM if needed.

Installing NI FPGA Compile Worker for Linux Installer Distribution version 13.0.0f0...
Pre Installation .
Post Installation .
Pre Installation ...........
error: Failed dependencies:
libungif.so.4()(64bit) is needed by nilibgdiplus0-2.10-0.x86_64
Error installing NI FPGA Compile Worker for Linux Installer Distribution 13.0.0f

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,193 Views)

Hi AGCOJason,

To reiterate a previous point, we have not tested the Xilinx Compile Tools 14.4 on CentOS - only RHEL 6.3. Based off of the message, it sounds like some of the dependencies are missing. TJ G's post mentions the dependencies he had to install/update in order to get the worker to compile. Are all those dependencies installed as well?

If you run into any more issues, I would recommend that you create a new thread so your post does not get buried in an old thread.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,167 Views)

Ran into the same issue with:

• LabVIEW FPGA Compile Worker 2014 (Xilinx 14.7)
  • CentOS 6.5

As mentioned, this is not an officially supported setup.

Resolved the issue by running these commands as root:

yum -y update glib2 libuuid
yum -y install glibc.i686 libstdc++.i686 libgcc.i686 libuuid.i686 zlib.i686 glib2.i686 libSM.i686 libXi.i686 libXrender.i686 libXrandr.i686 freetype.i686 fontconfig.i686

Although RHEL and CentOS are nearly identical, my guess is that the set of libraries that are installed by default varies.  It also depends on what was picked at the initial package group selection when you installed the OS.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,059 Views)

Same issus could be solved with above procedure for a system with:

• LV2013 SP1 - FPGA Compile Worker (Xilinx 14.4)
  • Scientific Linux 6.6 (Carbon)

Thanks a lot for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(933 Views)