LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2012 "Drag Over" and "Drop" Button Parameter Not Responding To Button Presses

I'm currently using LV2012, so I'm not sure if this is an issue that's been fixed in 2013, but here goes:

I've implemented a small amount of drag-and-drop functionality in my current project.  I'm using the "Drag Over" event to update the cursor dynamically, depending on where the drag is and which modifiers are active.  I'm using the "Button" parameter to tell me which mouse button is pressed - at least, it works OK for the Drag Start event.

Drag Over

I've noticed, however, that the Button parameter is always 0 for both the "Drag Over" and "Drop" events.  Surely, it should be 1 for a left button, 2 for a right-button and 3 for the middle button (or left and right together) as per the "Mouse Down" event?

Has anybody else noticed this behaviour?  Is it different for LV2013?

Regards,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,441 Views)

Hi Geoff,

Is there anyway that you could post the code that you are working with or a simplified version to see what you are working with?

Thanks!

Stephanie S.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,403 Views)

Sure Stephanie,

Attached is a VI I threw together to illustrate the issue.  My code (deliberately) doesn't try to handle the drop properly, it just illustrates the lack of button change.

Note that my main project code implements the workaround of using a shift register to store the original button value (and then the drag data cluster to store it for final use).

Regards,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,397 Views)

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for adding your code. This does look like unexpected behavior and I am going to check in to it on our end. I will let you know if I find out anything!

Thanks!

Stephanie S.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,373 Views)