LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2012 SP1 Get LV Class Default Value Error 1498

Dear all,

I'm facing with a problem similar to others with the Get LV Class Default Value, but I preferred to open another discussion because of the differences.

We have developed a project with LV2012 SP1 using the ActorFramework library. Starting VI load and launch a set of actors defined into an xml configuration files. The main exe is built to contain all possible actors, due to the fact that this exec is deployed on many machines with few differences, this give us the advantage to use the same exec with configurable actions (like the plugin architecture, but statically linked inside the build).

Target machines have Win7 or WinXP with LV2012 SP1 runtime.

Now on some machine I have the Get LV Class Default Value Error 1498 on loading one actor class, also if the class is present inside the build, while on other machines this problem is not present.

- Build exe is the same on all target machines;

- Actor class with this problem is only one, and it is the one with the longest path (C:\Ulisse\Ulisse.exe\1abvi3w\user.lib\resources\TCPServiceCommands\TCPServiceCommandsHTT\TCPServiceCommandsHTT.lvclass)

- On my developing machine I do not have this problem

- It seems not depending on configuration file, due to the fact the issue is present only on some machine with the same configuration.

- TCPServiceCommandsHTT.lvclass does not have public methods, but only call other class methods. It is a TCP interface for other tasks.

I hope someone could help me

Regards

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,012 Views)

Hi Daniele

I'm facing with a similar trouble.....have you already tryed to include all the classes statically in the code? 

Best!!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,964 Views)

Hi bronzacuerta,

yes all classes we could use are included inside the build. A configuration file is used to load and launch only a set of actors, some of them are not used on some machine, but all present inside the build that is the same on all machines.

I'll keep you informed if I found a workaround. Actually I'm planning to do a Mass Compile, but for this I will need a could of hour of spare time.

regards

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,961 Views)

Hi Daniele

the problem I've been facing with was related to LV OOP....there was a problem with the linker during executable build....at the moment the only workaround I found out is to add the static reference to the class inside the block diagram in the never executed case of a case structure...

let me know any other news about the trouble....

bestSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,957 Views)

Unfortunately the mass compile did not solve the issue. I have also tryed to exec the same build with same configuration on two machines, one with the issue and another without, but the problem is still present only on one machine.

At this point I think that the issue is due to something missing on the PC, also if it is a cloned machine. If may be due to Microsoft or NI runtime requesting some DLL and giving back to my application a misleading error code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,937 Views)