From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2009 source code

I know I'm digging up an old post here, but I found it while looking through Sandy's history.

I think the CLAD is really just to test whether the testee knows (in-general) what LabVIEW is and its capabilities. This certification level is for managers, not developers. Maybe they should rename it Certified LabVIEW Associate and take Developer out of the name (even though this would cause confusion with the acronym CLA).

If I was hiring someone to do LabVIEW, I wouldn't hire CLAD. Problem solving skills are tested at the CLD level.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(551 Views)

@James.M wrote:

I know I'm digging up an old post here, but I found it while looking through Sandy's history.

I think the CLAD is really just to test whether the testee knows (in-general) what LabVIEW is and its capabilities. This certification level is for managers, not developers. Maybe they should rename it Certified LabVIEW Associate and take Developer out of the name (even though this would cause confusion with the acronym CLA).

If I was hiring someone to do LabVIEW, I wouldn't hire CLAD. Problem solving skills are tested at the CLD level.

I would say that CLAD shows that you are book learned.  CLD actually tests your LabVIEW skills.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 12 of 14
(528 Views)
At one place, we did hire CLADs to avoid the time and money for the basics classes. They at least knew the basics but essentially nothing about hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(498 Views)

Well, CLADs are really supposed to be able to string together and maintain simple code using LabVIEW "best practices."

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(480 Views)