LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2009 source code

Hi,,

recently we visited one site where one server and three workstations running with lv2009 when I checked the backup  I can see only executables so if I want to modifiy the existing workstations whats the best way or where can i find the source code of this

Thanks

sandy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,307 Views)
You are asking people here where your company keeps its source code? That makes no sense.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,292 Views)

no the situation is different... the system supplier is not there now and the entire contract is finished as I dont have much idea on labview executables I posted this query.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,288 Views)
Asking here about where another company might keep its source code doesn't make any sense either. Quite frankly, if you are so clueless as to LabVIEW, you probably aren't qualified to make any changes even when you do find the code.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,279 Views)
Executables are like any other exe. You have the compiled program. You dot have the source code. You're hoping to reverse compile the executable to get the vi. This isn't something you can do. If you're lucky, it's a debug gable executable. But, that also means you had a poor developer. You need the source code, not the executable, to make any changes.

When you realize that, you'll understand why the situation is exactly what was described to you. You're asking us where your company,for contractor, keeps the source code. We don't have any chance to answer this for you. You'll need to ask your company to find this answer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,232 Views)

Contact the contractor.  I'm sure they would be happy to draw up a maintenence contract.  Truthfully, that's probably the only way you would get access to the source code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,221 Views)
In my experience, if company A contracts with company B for company B to write a program, then the contract states that company A will receive the source code that they paid for. If that's not in the contract, shame on company A.
Message 7 of 14
(3,215 Views)

The OP claims to be a CLAD. Rather pathetic if this is indicative of what having a CLAD means.

Also check out his post from a year ago - same topic -http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/executable/m-p/2969047

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,203 Views)

I don't remember any application builder questions on the CLAD.

Although, let's be fair.  There are enough sample CLAD exams available that you should walk into the test knowing the answer to ~50% of the questions.  That means you only need to get 40% of the remaining questions right.  That's only twice what you'd expect from random guessing.  I'd expect most people that work with LabVIEW could pass the CLAD if they wanted to.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,184 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

I don't remember any application builder questions on the CLAD.

Although, let's be fair.  There are enough sample CLAD exams available that you should walk into the test knowing the answer to ~50% of the questions.  That means you only need to get 40% of the remaining questions right.  That's only twice what you'd expect from random guessing.  I'd expect most people that work with LabVIEW could pass the CLAD if they wanted to.

It is not about "any application builder questions on the CLAD", but rather the lack of problem solving skills.

The same problem has been sitting unsolved for nearly a year. Why hire this guy?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,142 Views)