LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LV09][Beginner] case structure problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, first of all I'm French so I apologize if there is mistakes.

I've got a problem with a case structure I made to initialize my Analyser (working with ESPI from Rhode & Schwarz).

The user of the software will have to choose between 3 antenna to measure 3 frequency bands, with different parameters (RBW, etc...)

So I beginned a program which is joined.

My problem is: when i run the program with "Highlight execution", or step by step, it works.

But when I run it normally, the structure's label doesn't change when I change the selected antenna in the list.

Hoping someone is able to give me the reason.

Thanks,

sincerely.

J.D.
French Labview beginner
N'oubliez pas de complimenter les bonnes réponses - Don't forget Kudos for good answers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,302 Views)

I just tried you vi and for me everything seems to work as it should. When i change the antenna in the control it updates the indicator and the case structure seems to work too.

Not totally sure if i unerstood your problem correctly so if you could describe it in more detail that would be good. 

Message 2 of 10
(3,276 Views)
It works correctly when I run it. You do not need the 100 ms timer in the loop case if you already have a 100 ms timer in the main loop.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,271 Views)
Why a zip file when you can attach a vi directly? I am not able to view it since i am stuck with 8.0. Can you post a screen shot as well? What is the mechanical action of the switch if you have used one?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,266 Views)

For me, when I change the antenna in the control it updates the indicator, but it doesn't update the case structure label (it stays on the antenna active when I did run the program).

But when I run it step by step, it works..

Here is a screenshot :

J.D.
French Labview beginner
N'oubliez pas de complimenter les bonnes réponses - Don't forget Kudos for good answers
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JDlabview

Do you mean seeing the block diagram showing which case is executing when you run your program?

That only happens if you have execution highlighting turned on.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,241 Views)
I suppose it is undrstandably a bit too fast right?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,238 Views)

Ok, it works. I just made a test with a local variable and saw everything is ok.

Sorry for wasting your time...

Thanks Ravens Fan. And muks, I think you are laughing at me, please don't, hard day for me 🙂

J.D.
French Labview beginner
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,210 Views)

JDlabview wrote:

Ok, it works. I just made a test with a local variable and saw everything is ok.

Sorry for wasting your time...

Thanks Ravens Fan. And muks, I think you are laughing at me, please don't, hard day for me 🙂

Everybody has to have one along the learning path.. Best of luck.. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,203 Views)

JDlabview wrote:

....., I think you are laughing at me, please don't, hard day for me 🙂

Vous ne devriez pas avoir honte.  Nous ne rions pas des etudiants de Labview.  A une temps, nous etions tous etudiants.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,164 Views)