LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV wants to install NI DSC Commontools 2014

Not sure where to post this. I've never seen anything like it.

Since yesterday when I start LV it comes up with an installation window attempting to install NI DSC Commontools 2014. I have to press cancel twice to get it to stop. I already tried deleting the LV configuration file and checking startup in msconfig. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,099 Views)

Hi Paul,

The DSC_Common_Tools component is only included with the DSC Module (Datalogging and Supervisory Control). Do you have this installed?

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,039 Views)

LV2013 DSC was installed but not activated. I removed it.

It doesn't ask for the DSC Common Tools anymore. Now it wants the disk with LV8,5 runtime engine. 

Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,001 Views)

Hi Paul,

Glad that resolved the odd DSC component.... but now it saying it needs 8.5 RTE is another oddity. Do you have a program that would need the RTE? Whether that program is a VI or a compiled executable.

When does this new pop-up window occur?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,972 Views)

I had 8.5 installed on this machine and removed it. I still get the request for the disk to install 8.5 runtime engine. This is absolutely bizarre.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,950 Views)

Paul,

That is pretty odd. Is there any chance you stil have a custom application that uses the LabVIEW 8.5 Run-Time Engine?

Another thing you can try is opening up Programs and Features -> National Instruments Software. Do you see anything on this list related to NI LabVIEW 8.5?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,934 Views)