LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV upgrade to 2012 from 2010 now GPIB doesn't work

Hello, I have been using LV 2010 for a while and now have updated to LV 2012. When I run my vi's to interface with my GPIB devices it does not work. Every GPIB function fails. Within MAX I am able to send GPIB commands and the device responds. What could be the problem? Any ideas what I should try?

Thanks,

joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,518 Views)
I hope you actually mean VISA and not the lower level GPIB functions. VISA has been the recommended api for quite a few years.

You have not provided any information on the version of the driver. You have also not said if you installed the driver after the upgrade. You have either installed an incompatible version or installed in the wrong order.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,516 Views)

Hi, thanks for responding to the post. I tried moving over to VISA but somethings would not work in the code so I decided to stay using the GPIB functions. I will get those version numbers and the other missing items. 

Thank you very much,

joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,478 Views)

Below is a screen shot of MAX. I am able to interface with the GPIB device within MAX but unable to interface inside Labview. In Labview I am simply running one of the GPIB examples: GPIB.vi. Does it look like I have any version problems below?  I am using Labview 2012 (version 12.0) 32-bit.

MAX_SceenShot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(2,463 Views)
That's the latest GPIB driver. What command are you sending? Iwould suggest a simple *IDN? query. What is the error code?

There is a driver for that instrument. Have you tried it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(2,450 Views)

Here is what I get:

GPIB_vi_screen_shot.jpg

Also, here is the card that I am using:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203786

Can you help me find the software drivers for the card?

Thank you so much for all your suggestions.

joe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(2,446 Views)

I'm sorry, that GPIB command will do an AutoScale on my Agilent o-scope. But I do get the same GPIB error message when I try the command:  *IDN?

joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(2,443 Views)
What error? Number and message.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(2,440 Views)
Sorry, I didn't scroll over to the right of the image you posted.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,432 Views)

32768 is the number which is "Error Detected"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,427 Views)