LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV upgrade to 2012 from 2010 now GPIB doesn't work

No, you have error 0.

What about the driver or the simple VISA example? Same error?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(550 Views)

In the VISA_GPIB_Resource drop down list the GPIB address 7 does not show up after I choose Refresh.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(546 Views)
I'm running out of ideas. I can only suggest that you completely uninstall NI-VISA and NI-488. Reboot your pc and install again.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(536 Views)

Are you sure it's at address 7?  I mean, I understand that LV was the only thing that was changed (at least as far as you know).  Do you think maybe someone could've swapped equipment on you?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(533 Views)

Here, is another screen shot. The address is 7.

Max_view.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(528 Views)

Could this be related to not have Full Admin privileges on my computer account?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(516 Views)

How do I completely uninstalled VISA and 488? Should I just remove all Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(512 Views)
Add/Remove Programs and you should see National Instruments Software listed. I would start with just the drivers I mentioned.

Not being an admin should only affect your ability to change settings in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(510 Views)

@joe5213 wrote:

In the VISA_GPIB_Resource drop down list the GPIB address 7 does not show up after I choose Refresh.

This is suspicious.  Does the device appear and disapper from MAX when you refresh devices as well?  If MAX is reliably seeing the GPIB bus then the drivers are correctly installed and it is the VISA link to LabVIEW that may be the problem.

You can try re-installing the lastest GPIB drivers http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n19:Windows,n8:3.2...

And the latest VISA drivers.  http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n19:Windows,n8:3.1...

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(500 Views)

I reinstalled Labview and installed the latest drivers and things seem to be working now.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to provide comments and suggestions.

joe

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(489 Views)