LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV project files view root directory

I want to understand the nature of the LabVIEW project files view root directory. I suppose the files there are installed by dotnet framework and LabVIEW and will be installed to the target machine by dotnet framework and LabVIEW installer, is it correct? I searched that mscorlib is a Microsoft DLL but I don't know why it has a LabVIEW icon. 

lv proj files view.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,607 Views)

mscorlib is the the fundamental assembly for the .NET Framework; critical for .NET integration into LabVIEW. the files shown in your screenshot shouldn't be installed in the project directory or the root of your drive; they should exist in the GAC. Windows (and thus LabVIEW) considers this a special folder. LabVIEW doesn't show this folder in your files list for this reason; they appear to be in "no folder".

Although why mscorlib has a LabVIEW icon - that's a good question. Given the amount of .NET integration in LabVIEW, mscorlib would be the key dependency for all of it regardless of the other actual .NET assemblies used. I guess they just gave it a LabVIEW icon because it would be so commonly in your dependencies list.

Message 2 of 2
(2,595 Views)