LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV program for two syncronized General Standards 18AI32SSC1M boards?

Hi,

Has anyone developed any LV program for two syncronized General Standards Corp (GSC) 18AI32SSC1M  ADC boards?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,461 Views)

Hey, Ron

If you go to General Standards website for that device here, there are LabVIEW drivers available to download at the bottom of the page. After you extract and install the drivers, you can find them (by default) at C:\Program Files\General Standards\66_18AI32SS. In this location, there is a LabVIEW library file called AI32SS.llb which contains a collection of VIs for communicating and controling the 18AI32SSC1M board.

On the same page I linked, they include the User Manual as a PDF. Looking in the manual on pages 2-4 and 2-5, it seems that the only way to synchronize two or more devices is to connect the CLOCK I/O and the SYNC I/O pins between all of the boards. You set the logic polarity of these pins to be either input or output in software. If you select output for one board then it becomes the "initiator" and sends its CLOCK and SYNC signals to all other "target" boards which have their pins set to input, so that they can receive the sync signals.

However, in the VI libraries that come with the drivers I can't seem to find a way to set these pins to be either input or output, which is all that you should need to do in software based on the information in the manual. If you open one of the Call Library Function nodes in any of the LabVIEW VIs provided, there appears to a be a function in the 18AI32SS eDriver LV.dll called "GS66_18AI32SS_Enable_Clocking". However, I have no idea if this is the function which will alow you to set up the SYNC and CLOCK pins.

You may need to contact their customer support to see if they can clarify how this needs to be done, or what function needs to be called. All of the VIs simply call into that DLL that is in the driver folder, but none of the functions appear to set up the SYNC pins.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,407 Views)