cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV RT - System Config: Find_Systems.vi - Error "-2147220620"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am having trouble with running my code on my cRIO in Run as Startup mode, but not in Development mode. See attached snippet of the code. This code throws no errors when I run from my development system, but when I deploy to the cRIO, my log file shows an error:

-2147220620, Source: nisyscfg.lvlib:Find Systems.vi:1750001<APPEND>
<b>Complete call chain:</b>
nisyscfg.lvlib:Find Systems.vi:1750001

I looked up the error and it corresponds to "A specified expert is not installed."

I've made sure the cRIO has every possible thing installed and up to date, so that's not the problem. I also forced the nisyscfg.dll to be included in the support directory and the error continues.

I ran the Get Experts VI as well to get these:

mcSysApi Motion System API Expert 14.0.0

ni-1588 NI-1588 2008 1.0.3

ni-rio NI-RIO 14.0.1

ni-visa NI-VISA 14.0

niimaqdx NI IMAQdx Sysapi Expert 1.0

nisyscfg NI System Configuration 14.0.1

nitsf NI Time Sync Framework 14.0

serial NI-Serial 14.0

xnet NI-XNET 14.0

This is the second time I've run in to problems where there is a discontinuity between running my code on the cRIO alone and running it in development mode.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this problem?

Thank you,

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,463 Views)

HI James, 

This is interesting. That issue only comes from the SysConfig utility being not installed but since yours is, this is definitely a unique issue. 

I would suggest 2 things: 1) I would try uninstalling SysConfig and reinstalling it onto your target and seeing if that resolves this. And then 2) If it doesnt, I would suggest calling in to our Applications Engineers so that we can further directly assist you to see what else can be done. 

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,414 Views)

I actually went ahead and reformatted the drive and reinstalled everything. The error still exists. 😞

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,401 Views)

Is there a resolution to this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,314 Views)

Nope, I started a support request. I'll post back here when it comes to a resolution.

Do you have the same problem?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,304 Views)

In development environment, I get this error.  Uninstalling and resinstalling the System Config software did not fix it.  I removed the VI and use 'localhost' for what I need, but if you get a solution, please post it here.

-Phil

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,266 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James.M

I may be on to something, but I haven't 100% tested the solution yet. If I run the VI after the RT has had time to sit for a bit, it doesn't throw the error. This leads me to believe, the cRIO hadn't fully initialized by the time I called the VI. I think this is a bug on NI's part, because all of the libraries, etc, should be fully loaded by the time the RealTime code executes...

Anyways, I made a loop that tries over and over again (max 60 seconds) until no error is oputput and it seems to work. It takes about 30 seconds (from cRIO Startup) to not error-out though.

I'm testing it in my complete application now and will report back if all is well.

EDIT (followup): It worked! I guess it's not much of a fix, but more of a workaround. It takes almost exactly 30000ms every time to not error.

Best,

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,263 Views)

Wow.  Well that is interesting.  Thanks for puzzling this out.

-Phil

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,253 Views)

Any chance this will work as a fix for your application?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,246 Views)

Hi,

I've also the same problem with a cRIO 9030. I have tested the source code of the RAD Tool (latest build). When deploying an image to a crio-controller the controller stays in safe mode when trying to deploy the bitfile to the target. When I manually restart the controller without safe mode and re-run the bit-file deployment - the "Find Hardware" runs correctly - but not in safe mode.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,059 Views)