LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.6 application builder creates an empty installer

LV seems to create the installer O.K.  At least there are no error messages.  However, after I run the installer, the directory where the executable is supposed to be does not exist.  There are no error messages when running the installer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,496 Views)

CORRECTION---

The installer does create an executable, but I can't find it, other than in the "Add/Remove programs" service.  I can add it and remove it, but not run it!!  The directory does not show in Windows Explorer, nor does it show in the Programs listing. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

Hi earl,

I hope you are doing fine. Here is the link that tells you how to build an installer. Particularly pay attention to step 3 -5 to see if you have set up the correct settings for source file to include in installer. Hope this helps

Best regards,

Fawad Nisar
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,477 Views)

Hi Eearl,

Did the advice you were given help?

I was wondering what OS your using and what path your trying to save too?

I would make sure your in admin mode.

Kind Regards,

James 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,458 Views)

Nisar F wrote:

Hi earl,

I hope you are doing fine. Here is the link that tells you how to build an installer. Particularly pay attention to step 3 -5 to see if you have set up the correct settings for source file to include in installer. Hope this helps

Best regards,

And step 6 shows you how to build a shortcut.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,441 Views)