LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2015 not responding while saving

@Yamaeda wrote:

Could it be that Mass Compile doesn't touch VI's inside LLBs? Can you open the LLB ones and resave?

/Y

I tried just pulling them out of the LLB and linking them like regular VI's. Didn't help...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,025 Views)

Hello cbudtz,

Calling this function in a subvi in a small setup does not reproduce the issue on my system. Does the issue reproduce if just this VI is a project? I would like to get a reproducing example if possible in order to see the behavior and better troubleshoot. Does the delay decrease if you remove other VIs from the project. I would like to see if the issue is resulting from the size of the project or just the presence of the dll call. Also, are you sourcing the user32.dll from the Windows system32 directory or a copy of the dll? Thanks!

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(952 Views)

Hi Wear,

You are right. It doesn't seem to be the problem afterall. For the moment it looks like it's mostly connected with the size of the VI (its about 2MB)  - if I delete a small (random) fraction of it, it resolves the save time issue. For now I'm just going to stick with VL2014 as it's not really worth the effort for me. Thanks for your help!

Casper

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(896 Views)

@cbudtz wrote:

Hi Wear,

You are right. It doesn't seem to be the problem afterall. For the moment it looks like it's mostly connected with the size of the VI (its about 2MB)  - if I delete a small (random) fraction of it, it resolves the save time issue. For now I'm just going to stick with VL2014 as it's not really worth the effort for me. Thanks for your help!

Casper

This makes me think that "mass recompile" is not extending to the llb.  What you are doing is changing the VI a little so when it saves, it recompiles.  Can you extract the VIs, mass compile them then save them back to the llb?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(880 Views)

@billko wrote:

This makes me think that "mass recompile" is not extending to the llb.  What you are doing is changing the VI a little so when it saves, it recompiles.  Can you extract the VIs, mass compile them then save them back to the llb?

Yeah, I did that already. I also removed the LLB entirely from the project  and rewrote the menu system using internal Labview functions. Didn't help. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(856 Views)

Hello cbudtz,

I would really like to take a look at the project if that is possible. We can upload it to our ftp if it is too large for the forum. Let me know, thanks!

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(799 Views)