LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2013 exe not working with runtime, only with full LV installed

@_Faust wrote:

Yes you are right, but I wouldn't ever expect errors from these Vis so I turned automatic error handling off. But that's not the point right now 🙂

Anyway, today I uninstalled LV2013 from one of the PCs where the exe has to run. Surprisingly, the exe still worked.

I started to delete some folders that were left in c:\program files (x86)\national instruments\shared

I can delete everything except :

-Labview runtime folder

- MKL\LV130000_BLASLAPACK  folder (has 1 DLL in there LV130000_BLASLAPACK.dll)

If I remove only this DLL I get the symptoms that I described; several sub panels won't run the VIs in the exe.

Does anyone have a clue what this DLL is for? It does not come with the runtime. I will try to include it explicitly in my installation and install it on a new PC to see if it runs.

Error handling may not be the point, but it's the cause of you having to do a lot of extra work.  Had you enabled some form of error handling (best is your own error handling), you might not have even had to come here.

It's always the errors that you AREN'T expecting that are the ones that will bite you in the you-know-what.

Error handling doesn't have to be elaborate.  For simpler programs, like ones where you aren't really expecting errors, the simple error handler that pops up an error message is good enough.

Please do yourself a favor and work some proper error handling into the app.  Even if you are perfect at programming, computers can do weird things.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(394 Views)