LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2012 loop conditional indexing feature/bug ?

I just discovered that if you delete a wire passed through a loop AND had used it with the new autoindexing feature, the autoindexing thingy sticks to the loop:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Note that the VI is broken, so that you know something is wrong:

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

but interestingly, the thing remembers what wire type was connected to it. If I right-click on it and use "Create constant", here is what I get:

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

The object is created outside the loop (it doesn't seem to depend on where I right-click), but it definitely has the type of the original wire.

Not a biggy, but I wonder whether this is an "intended" feature...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,260 Views)

Hi, thanks for your comment.

It seems that it remembers the data type as well as you are using the conditional option in the tunnel, however, it changes the data dynamically when you wire another data type. Actually, this happens also with the shift registers.

Anyway, I'll check internally for confirmation.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,218 Views)

An unconnected shift register:

- turns black & white

- does not keep a memory of the data type previously connected to it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,199 Views)

Except for retention of type, this seems like reasonable behavior to me.

A tunnel is automatically deleted when none of its terminals have wires connected to them.

Since the conditional terminal belongs to the tunnel (the other terminals are the inner & outer terminals), the tunnel will be retained as long as the conditional terminal is wired.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,184 Views)

Natural is in the eye of the beholder, I guess... How do you add a tunnel to a loop without pulling a wire through its boundary? I can't.

Again, I am not saying it's a major game stopper, but it's a bit weird (to me):

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,182 Views)