LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011 sp2 built application installer fails because Security update on target PC is higher version

Installer fails with this message:

Cannot install

NI Security update 67L8L0QW for cw3dgrf.ocx (higher version already installed)

Never had this happen before, how can I fix it?  I don't have any security updates on dev machine needing installed.  It's being installed by a contract manufacturer out of state so I don't know what they mite have done to cause this.  Should they be able to just say "OK" and continue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,381 Views)

Hello Hepcat,

It should be alright to click OK and continue with the installer since a newer patch version already exists on that PC. However, I will research this error further and inform you if I find anything that suggests otherwise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,327 Views)

It actually wouldn't let the install continue.  I ended up building a new installer after updating my dev machine with NI update service and it installed.  Also, it was LV 2011 sp1 not sp2.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,306 Views)

Hello Hepcat,

It turns out that the behavior you have described is expected since the installer does not comply with security patch 67L8L0QW on the target machine. This patch introduced several critical security updates that prevent vulnerabilities in the Microsoft's ActiveX software framework, including changes to cw3dgrf.ocx, so it behaves differently than some less critical updates.  More information regarding security patch 67L8L0QW can be found at:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C4619A438F7E78E486257B360050BD7D?OpenDocument

But I am glad you were able to resolve the issue! Updating and recreating the installer is the solution for preventing installation failures due to NI Security update 67L8L0QW for cw3dgrf.ocx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,296 Views)