From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011 lode error 3

I keep losing front panels of VI as a write a driver for an instrument. I don't know what causes this and I don't have a way to work around it. Mark for separate compile is checked on my project file. Nothing seems to make the file readable once it goes corrupt. Only keeping an old copy to replace the corrupt will work around this. See the attached VI that can't open, its FP is corrupt.

LV Lode Error 3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,618 Views)

I looked at the LV2011 crash report and it listed "//labview/branches/2011/dev/source/heapobjs/ConnectorPane.cpp#26". After thinking more about what I was doing to cause this, I rearranged the connector and click save then close, probably the connecter pane crash instead of updating leaving the VI unopenable. Prior post reported on the context Help issue but its more than problem with connector pane Help updating.

The only way to NOT make this unopenable VI occur is to don't rearrange connector pane but first disconnect all connections and then reconnect your new connection and save (quote from from another thread). If not you could end up with lost work once the VI is closed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,608 Views)

I've heard this has to do with the connector pane / front panel beeing corrupted. If you hadnt backed up your VI in an earlier state where the error wasn't present, you would have to contact NI support.

I recently attended LV Core III, and in fact experienced it on the cource's main VI. I had just connected a terminal in the connector pane, deleted it again and closed the vi in a fairly quick manner - and afterwards I got the error. Of cource I just copied the solution VI in, and continued.

But one of the one of the NI representatives told me they could save a VI with this error. But he he had not permission to show me how. He talked something about that he used the daily build, and a special setting in labview.ini that causes labview to load the vi, without loading the connector pane, or something like that. Afterwards he would be able to save it.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,603 Views)

Well this is big news to my ears. Daily build sounds like thats internal to NI. If there is an ini setting for this we all need to know. At least a way to recover the file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,593 Views)

I found this:

I couldnt open the page on NI's homepage, so I link to the google-cached version.

Regarding the daily build - the ni guy commented that he didnt know if the ini setting had come in the distributed version yet, the version he used was a daily build version.

For some reason ni doesnt want users to know this setting, or it is not available - thats probably why the article I linked to gives you this solution:

•In 2010 and 2011 there have been reports of an issue (CAR 250532) that was fixed in LabVIEW 2011 SP1. When the VI's connector pane becomes corrupt you will have a DWarn logged to the error log (connectorpane.cpp) and you will no longer be able to open the VI with the corruption. If you encounter this issue contact National Instrument Support and reference this KnowledgeBase. We have been able to recover most of the VI in many of these cases.

Title of the knowledgebase in case the link doesnt work: AE KB 520GHNKU: LabVIEW Load Error Code 3: Could Not Load the Front Panel in the Development Environment

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,589 Views)

As stated by mavimi in the previous post, NI is aware of this bug, and has corrected it in LabVIEW 2011 SP1.

I was able to recover your VI (attached). The connector pane and icon were lost, but the Front Panel and Block Diagram were recoverable.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do!

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(2,579 Views)