From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011 Report Generation Toolkit Constantly asks for 8.6.1 CD

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having a strange issue.

Its a bit intermittant, so I will try my best to explain when it occurs. 

-If I make a new project and run something from the report generation toolkit, I will get an installer from labview 8.6.1. I am running Labview 2011 and have never had 8.6.1 installed on this computer. It will spend about 3 minutes installing something, then demand a labview 8.6.1 CD. 

-If I hit cancel it goes away for the project, until I restart the computer. It does not actually need the CD, it just asks for it. The VI containing the report subvi will execute fine, but if I open any of the front panels I get the installer message again. 

-If I have run something that uses the report generation toolkit previously in this login session I do not encounter the bug.

-Restarting labview does not make it appear, only restarting the computer

blarggg.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,564 Views)

I had something not dissimilar years ago. I had a computer which LV 7.1 installed on it and when I would browse into a particular web site in Internet Explorer a similar dialog would pop up asking for the RTE install. Putting the CD in wouldn't help, as after a restart it would happen again. I don't remember what I did in the end to stop it (or if I even did anything), but this might indicate that the problem doesn't have to do specifically with the RGT, but with a component it's calling. One thing you can try is to explicitly download and install the 8.6.1 RTE.

(2,529 Views)

My woes with the report generation toolkit seem to have worsened. My program runs fine in the dev enviroment, but when I use the builder, and then run the executable, it claims it is missing some LV class files. Its odd, I have never had problems like these with the report generation toolkit until I started working on this program. Could something be corrupted in the project references or something? argg.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,489 Views)

It may be time to do a repair on your LV installation - or maybe a complete reinstall. Out of curriosity, did you ever have 8.6.1 installed on that computer?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ngarneski

There are classes in the RGT that are loaded dynamically.  You need to include the VIs in your build.

We found you should add the following two folders to your project and then force them to be in your EXE build.

<LabVIEW>\vi.lib\Utility\LVClass

<LabVIEW>\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,473 Views)

That worked!

Its odd though, I have built many different projects into applications that use the report generation toolkit, and this is the first time I have needed to do that. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,468 Views)