LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011: Error 1334: Installation can't find a file in data.cab

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create an installation using LV2011 Installer. After successful build, I test it on Windows 7 x64 PC and I see this error during install:

Error 1334: The file: XYZ cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file data.cab.... Continue?

I check the data.cab file and see the XYZ file there. The XYZ file is either BAT file that I want to run after the installer is done, or some other file included in the installer.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,297 Views)

Hi,

Is your development machine also running 64-bit Windows 7?

Are you including the files when you build the application, or when you build the installer? It's worth trying the other method, whichever you are using now.

Does it install correctly if you leave out the BAT file?

I was also curious if the installer worked correctly on your development machine, or if you had tried it on any other computers.

Regards,

Luke B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,275 Views)

@Luke B wrote:

Hi,

Is your development machine also running 64-bit Windows 7?

Are you including the files when you build the application, or when you build the installer? It's worth trying the other method, whichever you are using now.

Does it install correctly if you leave out the BAT file?

I was also curious if the installer worked correctly on your development machine, or if you had tried it on any other computers.

Regards,

Luke B.

Luke,

The development machine is Windows XP. The BAT file (and extra installer) are included in the LV installer - to  [TempFolder] folder location, so they'd run after the main installation is complete. 

It does install the application correctly if I remove the BAT and extra files. When I include the BAT file into the package, it does NOT install correctly on the development system - get the same error (the BAT or other files - the extra installer - are not found in data.cab, however when I open the cab file, I can see all files there.

Now, I tried the same setup (with extra installer placed in [TempFolder] ) using LabVIEW 2009 SP1, and it worked just fine on the development machine, which is Windows XP.

So my guess this couuld be a LV 2011 bug. Can you confirm?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Vladiator

Hi,

Are you running the f2 patch? It is supposed to fix a known issue with building large installers, it isn't the error message you are receiving, but it could be a side effect.

I've checked through the other known issues for LabVIEW 2011, and I didn't find anything that looked relevant. I've also checked for corrective action requests, and haven't found any that mention the same problem.

I was able to find a few similar issues from LabVIEW 8.5, and in those cases the culprit was a + in the filenames. You might want to double check that the filenames in your error message exactly match the filenames in the data.cab file. You might also want to try changing the relevant filenames to something very simple with only letters.

I was wondering, are you able include any other files that don't throw errors, or does every file you try throw errors?

If you'd like to post your project, I'd be happy to see if I can reproduce the error.

Regards,

Luke B.

Message 4 of 7
(3,258 Views)

Hi Luke,

Amazingly, the patch had fixed the issue, at least on Windows XP development machine. I am going the text the build on Windows 7 and then report if I find an issues.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,245 Views)

I've tested the build on Windows 7 and it worked just fine. The f2 patch has fixed the issue, so I am marking it as a solution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,225 Views)

Had same issue, the f2 patch fixed it as well.  Thanks for the Post.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,044 Views)