LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLBs opening in Internet Explorer not Windows Explorer

Labiew 7:

Having enabled the option "Enable Windows Explorer for LLB files", I've noticed that clicking LLB files actually opens the library in "Internet Explorer" rather than the "Windows Explorer", which is a minor nuisance.

Does anyone know why this might be, and is there anything that can be done about it?

I've checked the .llb file association and I can't see any way to change the "explorer" association.

Note: I'm using LabVIEW 7 on Windows XP. Some time ago,  when I was previously using NT4, I'm sure LLBs opened in Windows Explorer as expected (not Internet Explorer).

Any ideas anyone?

Mark.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,037 Views)
That's a new one.Smiley Surprised

Just out of curiosity, what does it look in IE when it opens it.

Try unchecking the option, restart Windows, then check the option again and restart again and see if that fixes it. Somehow the association is messed up and this might fix it.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,029 Views)

Thanks for your response Ed.

I had allready tried the unchecking option>restart>checking option>restart and it didn't change anything.

The appearance in Internet Explorer is much the same as it would be in Windows Explorer, except the left hand explorer bar will be the browser "Favourites" instead of the XP "Folders/Common Tasks" - also, the library listing does not automatically refresh when a VI is re-saved (I'm not totally sure it did in Windows Explorer, but I would have thought it should).

As you are probably aware, Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are very "interoperable" and you can switch from one to the other in Windows without closing/opening a window - no idea how, or when, this little change occurred though, and as yet, no idea how to straighten it out.

I've just tried setting the file association for LLBs to Windows Explorer (Folder Option>File Types) - but they still open in Internet Explorer, and now the llb extension has dissappeared from the list of file types.

I'd be amazed if it was only me who has noticed this - although I expect not all that many people use LLB files.

Opening in Internet Explorer isn't too much of an issue really - just a bit strange. In any case, thanks for your interest.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,017 Views)
Hi,

This link specifies what you have already tried. It is not unexpected behaviour to see llb files load up in either internet exploerer browser or windows explorer window.

Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,978 Views)
Sorry! the previous link is the incorrect one! here is what i was ment to paste: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/717F7CCCAE8E938F86256F4300756274?OpenDocument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,967 Views)
I'm not sure what OS you are currently using, however I have noticed a benefit that it opens in IE.  In Windows XP 64 Bit edition (currently unsupported by NI), LLB's do not open correctly in Windows Explorer, however they open perfectly in IE 32 bit edition.  Just passing information along since I know some others are starting to use 64bit edition. 

Joe Losco
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,916 Views)

Hi Joe,

I'm using XP Pro/Home (regular 32bit stylie).

It's not a big issue really (the LLBs opening in Internet Explorer) - just a bit odd. I don't think it did this when I used to have NT4 - but that's all history now.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,909 Views)