LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLB

Probably they are part of the install but did not get recompiled during a SP upgrade.  You need an admin password to recompile those and save them.  Otherwise they will just recompile each time they are opened.

Best is to log in as admin and then recompile the entire vi.lib folder with the mass compile tool

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(547 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:

LV want to compile them when you delete them from Windows Explorer? What do you mean?

Mike...

I unpacked the VIs from the LLB to a directory.

I tried deleting those VIs from that directory, but when I open the main VI and close it, LabVIEW wants to re-save the VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(543 Views)

@sth wrote:

Probably they are part of the install but did not get recompiled during a SP upgrade.  You need an admin password to recompile those and save them.  Otherwise they will just recompile each time they are opened.

Best is to log in as admin and then recompile the entire vi.lib folder with the mass compile tool

This is a brand new install of LabVIEW 6.1 on a Windows 8.1 Pro laptop.

Not sure why deleting those VIs and forcing the main VI to use the VIs from vi.lib is an issue.

But it is. Tried it twice just to be certain.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(541 Views)

You do realize that LV 6.1 is not suppported on Windows 8.1 -- or in fact any version of Windows past XP? You're lucky you got it installed.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(534 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@sth wrote:

This is a brand new install of LabVIEW 6.1 on a Windows 8.1 Pro laptop.

Not sure why deleting those VIs and forcing the main VI to use the VIs from vi.lib is an issue.

But it is. Tried it twice just to be certain.

As I said, because those VIs need to be recompiled and saved into vi.lib needing administrator priveleges.

1. What Mike said.  Running LV 6.1 under W8.1 is a bit risky.  Or rather you are on your own and should expect many things not to work.

2. Deleting those VIs and forcing the use of vi.lib means that the vi.lib VIs need a recompile for a variety of reasons.  Possibly because of linking to system calls.

3. You SHOULD at least update LV to the 6.1.1 patch level.  Which will need a recompile anyway.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(529 Views)

Yes, I know that LabVIEW 6.1 is unsupported in Windows 8.1

This project may no longer be my concern at the end of next week anyway.  Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(517 Views)
Sounds like that may be a good thing. 🙂

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(508 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:
Sounds like that may be a good thing. 🙂

Mike...

Normally, it would be, except this is a contract job, and I apparently haven't performed up to expectations - fully functional test program in 3 days.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(496 Views)